From 1st to 2nd December 2014, IPK held a Work Procedure Manual (WPM) and Desk File (DF) Workshop in PrinzPark Resort Terengganu, Kuala Ibai, Kuala Terengganu. The workshop was attended by IPK staffs to provide a WPM for IPK and DF for each staff who are employed in IPK.
This workshop was a platform to review and update the WPM and DF from time to time (at least annually) or if there are any changes in policy and legislation in IPK. The update process was also done to add new processes and new tasks in IPK. All the rules, procedures and forms that had been used were also improved.
The importance of WPM and DF:
1) Record the procedures and work rules as the official reference.
2) Uniformity system / method of work.
3) Determine the rules that must be followed.
4) Reduce mistakes.
5) As a tool of informal training.
6) Ease labor exchange – the process when took over the task/job.
7) To facilitate the study of work systems.
8) Reduce the verbal instructions.
9) Describe the operation and working relations with other employees.